Drinking water has many benefits when it comes to your body and overall health, but it has a huge impact on your immune system. If you already drink enough water during the day, you’re in good shape. But if you don’t, you might want to read about these five benefits drinking water has on your immune system.
- Water Oxygenates Your Blood and Flushes Toxins: Drinking plenty of water throughout the day ensures that your blood will carry plenty of oxygen to the cells in your body. This means that all of your body’s systems will function properly. Drinking enough water also allows your kidneys to remove toxins from your body, take in needed nutrients, and expel waste.
- Water Helps the Production of Lymph: Your body’s system uses lymph to circulate white blood cells through your body to all tissues. Lymph fulfills certain functions within your body, such as carrying white blood cells and other cells from the thymus and bone marrow throughout the body, carrying water and nutrients to the blood, and removing toxins from your blood.
- Water Keeps You Eyes and Mouth Clean: Drinking water ensures that your eyes and mouth remain as moist as they need to be, allowing them to repel dirt, dust, and parasites that could possibly cause infection.
- Water Helps You Digest Your Food: You need an adequate nutrition to maintain a strong immune system, and one of the many benefits of water is that it helps you digest your food. If you don’t drink enough water, you run the risk of becoming constipated, or developing more serious conditions down the road.
- Water Treats and Prevents Common Chronic Ailments: By drinking plenty of water, you’re likely to stay healthier in the long run. A rather surprising amount of common ailments can be prevented by drinking enough water. Those illnesses include arthritis, because water can help lubricate joints, depression, because your brain needs water to create serotonin, and insomnia, because water helps your brain produce more melatonin to help you sleep.
Make 2018 the year you stay healthy and hydrated by drinking between eight and ten glasses of water a day. If you’re having problems with your water, give LinkPlus USA a call today at 844-546-5758 to set up an appointment, or visit our website to see a full list of our services.